5 Things You Didn’t Know About The Avengers We’re Listing
1. The Avengers Had A Crossover With David Letterman In 1984
Back in 1984, Late Night with David Letterman was hitting the height of its popularity and The Avengers was doing great for Marvel. Naturally, there’s powers-that-serious crossover potential to be seen. The result was a single-issue story That saw several members of The Avengers – including Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Wonder Man, and X-Men’s Beast – appear on Letterman’s show, only to be ambushed by a pathetic villain who attempted it done. To fry them with camera-mounted lasers. Letterman saved the day, however, when he hit the bad guy’s head with a giant doorknob. seriously. It actually happened.
2. Hulk’s Buddy And Tony Stark’s Butler Are “Honorary Avengers”
Over the years the team has had several “honorary members” – usually friends, family, and allies who have assisted the team in its battles. The first person to join as an “honorary member” was Rick Jones, with Bruce Banner sacrificing his body and saving it from the detonation of a gamma bomb. Rick later became the Hulk’s “sidekick” and was instrumental in convincing the new team that the Hulk was not the evil monster they originally believed. In later issues, Tony Stark’s butler, Jarvis (a human in the comics, not a computerized entity familiar to movie fans), was also given the status of an “honorary member”.
3. Daredevil’s Missed Deadline Made The Avengers Possible
The Avengers would never have existed if it weren’t for the delay in sending Daredevil #1 to the printer. According to Tom Brevoort, Marvel’s senior vice president of publishing, when the publisher realized that the first issue of Daredevil was not going to be ready in time for its scheduled print run, Stan Lee proposed the idea of bringing in a bunch of existing Marvel characters. Together to form a team like DC’s Justice League of America.
By doing so, they won’t need to create complicated origin stories for individual members, which will allow Lee and Kirby to jump right into any adventure in a short amount of time. The pair brainstormed for a while and came up with Avengers, then hastily put together the first issue and sent it to the printer.
4. Captain America Wasn’t Part Of The Original Team
The Marvel movie verse may have cast America’s favorite super-soldier as a founding member of the team, but Captain America didn’t actually appear until the fourth issue of The Avengers comic series. The crew – which had been reduced to four members by the Hulk’s departure – encountered a mysterious, frozen man at sea while pursuing Namor, the Sub-Marine. Lo and behold, Frozen’s partner became Steve “Captain America” Rogers. After he was taken out, the current Avengers team replaced the Hulk with Captain America as a “founding member”, and the rest is comic-book history.
5. The Wasp Came Up With The Team’s Name
After the five heroes of The Avengers 1 decided to work together, they needed a name. Thankfully, shape-shifting heroine Janet Van Dyne—aka The Wasp—was there with the right suggestion. “It should be something colorful and dramatic like ‘The Avengers’ or, ” he said, only to be interrupted by Ant-Man. “Or nothing! That’s it! The Avengers!” he announced.
Looking back at this pivotal moment in the team’s history, one can’t help wondering what his second suggestion was going to be—and why he was dropped from the film series.
- FedEx Express jobs warehouse Package Handler jobs 2023 – Apply Now For Warehouse Package Handler (PART-TIME) Position in Reno, Nevada (USA) – Best Opportunity
- FedEx Express jobs 2023 – Apply Now For Delivery Driver (PART-TIME) Position in Appleton, Wisconsin (USA) – Best Opportunity
- TouchPoint patient transporter jobs 2023 – Apply Now For PATIENT TRANSPORTER (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME) Position in Miramar Beach (USA) – Best Opportunity
- amazon DSP job 2023 – Apply Now For Delivery Driver (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME) Position in Morrisville (USA) – Best Opportunity
- Amazon DSP Jobs 2023 – Apply Now For Delivery Driver Amazon (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME) Position inThe Manassas (USA) – Best Opportunity