Twitter layoffs live, says Elon Musk unfortunately not an option Elon Musk defends job cuts at Twitter Inc. He wrote that layoffs were inevitable as the microblogging site was losing more than $4 million per day
Twitter laid off half of its workforce last Friday. The social media company alerted employees about the status of their jobs by email after the social media company blocked office entrances and blocked employees’ access to internal systems overnight.
Employees working in engineering, communications, product, content curation, and machine learning ethics were among those affected by the layoffs, according to employer tweets by Twitter employees.
The move follows uncertainty about the company’s future under new owner Elon Musk, who tweeted that the service was experiencing a “massive drop in revenue” as advertisers pulled spending. Musk has sought to reduce costs and call for a new work ethic. Livemint is following the events closely as they unfold. Stay tuned for live updates
Twitter Layoffs Live Elon Musk threatens to shame advertisers who back down from Twitter
Musk threatened to name-shame advertisers who backtracked from Twitter after the micro-blogging site announced massive layoffs. Responding to a user on Twitter, Elon Musk said, “Thanks. A thermonuclear name and a shame what if this continues.”
Mike Davis, a user on Twitter, said, “Dear @elonmusk: You have almost 114,000,000 Twitter followers. Name and shame the advertisers who are succumbing to the advertiser boycott. So we can counter-boycott them. And ours. Get an 8 USD monthly subscription. As soon as possible. So we can start to make up for the lost revenue now.”
- FedEx Express jobs warehouse Package Handler jobs 2023 – Apply Now For Warehouse Package Handler (PART-TIME) Position in Reno, Nevada (USA) – Best Opportunity
- FedEx Express jobs 2023 – Apply Now For Delivery Driver (PART-TIME) Position in Appleton, Wisconsin (USA) – Best Opportunity
- TouchPoint patient transporter jobs 2023 – Apply Now For PATIENT TRANSPORTER (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME) Position in Miramar Beach (USA) – Best Opportunity
- amazon DSP job 2023 – Apply Now For Delivery Driver (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME) Position in Morrisville (USA) – Best Opportunity
- Amazon DSP Jobs 2023 – Apply Now For Delivery Driver Amazon (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME) Position inThe Manassas (USA) – Best Opportunity